Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Trouble in Suburbia

I regret to announce that my son is requesting new parents.

Again.

I don't know if we should take out an a classified ad, post fliers around the neighborhood, or just advertise his request on Facebook so that hopefully he can get an upgrade to a newer, younger, and (hopefully for him) a more lenient set of parental units.

Everything was business as usual until I announced it was bedtime.  The conversation went something like this:

Mean Mom: "Brandon, it's time for you to get ready for bed, sweetie"
Son: "No!  I get to make choices too, and I don't want to."
Mean Mom: "Yes, you do get to make choices about many things, but not about what time you go to bed, so scoot."
Son: "Fine!  That's it!  Tomorrow I'm leaving this house for good."
Mean Mom: "Where do you plan to go?"
Son: "I don't know.  I'm moving out to go live with some new parents!"
Mean Mom:  "You're going to get new parents?  Maybe we should give them a call now so they'll know you're coming."
Son:  You don't even know their phone number! <<arms folded across chest>>
Mean Mom: "Good night." <<smiling to self>>
Son: "GOOD NIGHT!"


Wow.  Mr. Crabby Pants.  I think it's time for Spring Break, and perhaps a blood sugar check.

No comments:

Post a Comment